Christmas Cake Recipe – Xmas Cake Recipe – Easy Fruit Cake Recipe
Christmas Cake Recipe – Xmas Cake Recipe – Easy Fruit Cake Recipe. Written instructions below. Don’t forget to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE & HIT THE NOTIFICATION BELL 🙂
**VERY IMPORTANT**DO THIS BIT THE DAY BEFORE YOU COOK THE CAKE**
Ingredients for preparing the dried fruit:
450g / 16oz currants
175g / 6oz sultanas
175g / 6oz raisins
50g / 2oz chopped glacé cherries
50g / 2oz mixed chopped candied peel
zest of 1 orange & 1 lemon
100ml brandy (You can also use whiskey, bourbon, port, sloe gin etc. Go wild!)
Put everything in a bowl and mix well. Cover with a cloth and leave to soak overnight.
**DONE THAT? NOW ONTO MAKING THE CAKE :)**
Ingredients for the cake:
225g / 8oz plain flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg – freshly grated
½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
225g / 8oz dark brown soft sugar
4 large eggs – beaten
1 dessertspoon black treacle (use blackstrap or dark molasses if black treacle not available)
225g / 8oz soft butter
50g / 2oz chopped nuts
*TIP* You can buy Mixed Spice ready made, but here’s the recipe I use to make it yourself if you can’t find it: 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon. 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg. 1 teaspoon ground allspice. 1 teaspoon ground coriander. 1 teaspoon ground ginger. ¼ teaspoon ground cloves.
Step #1 – Grease a 8″/20cm cake tin & line with greaseproof paper.
Step #2 – Preheat regular oven to 140°C / 275°F gas mark 1 (adjust for fan oven)
Step #3 – Sift the flour, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl.
Step #4 – In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar & butter until soft & fluffy. You can use a mixer or electric hand whisk.
Step #5 – With your mixer or electric hand whisk still running, add 1 tablespoon of the beaten eggs & 1 teaspoon of the flour mix. Allow to mix well. Repeat until all the egg mixture is gone.
Step #6 – Gently fold the rest of your flour mix into your butter & egg mixture.
Step #7 – Gently fold in the pre-soaked fruit mixture, black treacle & chopped nuts. TOP TIP: Place a dessert spoon in a cup of hot water before using with treacle.
Step #8 – Transfer the cake mixture into the prepared tin. Spread it out evenly with the back of a wet spoon.
*PLEASE NOTE* If you don’t intend to decorate the cake with marzipan and icing, you can add blanched almonds to the top of the cake at this stage.
Step #9 – Cut a 1″ hole in the centre of the two greaseproof paper discs & place on top of the cake. Bake on the lowest shelf of the oven for 4 hours until the centre of the cake springs back when pressed. Cook for another 30 minutes if it doesn’t & check again.
Step #10 – Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cold, you can feed the cake by inserting small holes & spooning in brandy.
Step #11 – Wrap the cake in cling film & foil. Store in an airtight container for at least two weeks if possible. You can continue to ‘feed’ the cake until you are ready to ice or eat it.
Audio from YouTube Audio Library.
Christmas Cake Recipe – Xmas Cake Recipe – Easy Fruit Cake Recipe. Don’t forget to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE & HIT THE NOTIFICATION BELL 🙂
Related Xmas Products:
- Christmas Cake Recipe – Easy Fruit Cake that's beautifully moist!
- Super Moist Fruit Cake Recipe for Christmas /Simple and Easy Boiled Fruit Cake Recipe
- Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe with Rum l Kerala Plum Cake Recipe
- Fruit Cake | Last Minute Christmas Baking – Alcohol Free Recipe
- Christmas Special Eggless Plum Cake Recipe without Oven | Easy Plum Cake Recipe ~The Terrace Kitchen
- Christmas Fruit Cake | No Egg No Oven No Brown Sugar No Alcohol Recipe | Cake in Pressure Cooker
- GOAN BAATH CAKE | COCONUT & SEMOLINA CAKE | BATICA RECIPE | CHRISTMAS RECIPE- BY NATASHA
- CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE – Rich Fruit Cake for the Holidays
- Gay Byrne's Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe (HQ Audio)
- 3 D Jelly Cake Christmas Recipe How To Make Jelly Cake At Home जेली केक घरपर आसानीसे बनाये
- Mini Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe By Shobana`s Kitchen
- Strawberry Cake | Eggless Strawberry Cake | Christmas Recipe | Christmas Cake – Reena Ki Rasoi
- EASY Christmas Ice Cream Sandwich Cake | The Recipe Rebel
- Christmas Pudding Cake Recipe – Easy Christmas Pudding without alcohol – Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Christmas Cake Recipe
Last update 2020-11-30. Price and product availability may change.